Sunday, December 18, 2011

The Up House

A builder in our area received permission from Disney to build the house from the Pixar movie "Up".  The house has been open for display for a number of months but was just sold to a family from California.  So Debbie and I decided it was finally time to go and see it!  Here it is!!!
Debbie and Bennett at the cute Carl and Ellie mail box
House at sunset
Debbie covets this kitchen
Basement bedroom with Toy Story set up
Front room exactly the way it is shown in the movie... walker and all!
Just awesome!
So fun!
We loved it!  Bennett was a total stud the entire drive and walk thru.  We headed towards home and stopped and got P.F. Chang's for dinner (FREE LETTUCE WRAPS!!!)  What a perfect family day trip!
 We also went to Thanksgiving Pointe earlier this month with the Stokes family (missed the Chase family) to see the lights there.  We ate dinner at Chili's and had awesome hot cocoa milk shakes for dessert.  My phone died so we didn't get any pictures!  It was so fun though!  We have had a tradition for 3 years now to go do something as a family here in Utah.  One of the highlights of our Christmas season!

3 comments:

JW said...

I want that kitchen SOOO Bad. I love all the old-school appliances. I'm glad you took pictures of the inside because I've been wondering what it looked like. I would totally love to live in that house!

Anonymous said...

That is amazing to look at! I wonder what the CA family bought the house for. Where is it located? Do they charge to walk through? I guess it won't be open for long... Love you guys!
-Mimi

Anonymous said...

That is amazing to look at! I wonder what the CA family bought the house for. Where is it located? Do they charge to walk through? I guess it won't be open for long... Love you guys!
-Mimi