Many have asked us how Maggie and Lucy are doing with a baby brother. We have a report for you all!
They are doing exactly what we thought they would do with him. Maggie doesn't care about anything other than her walks, food, water, sleep and play time. As long as she gets those she doesn't care about anything else that happens around here. She will sniff the baby and try and lick his head but that is about all the interest she has in him. We expect her to sleep in our room when he gets older. She doesn't really do change.
Lucy is amazed by him! She wants to be his best friend and she is very protective of him. She watches his bassinet and waits for him to make a sound. She tries to sleep right next to him and tries to clean him... Bennett doesn't seem to mind but we pull her off.
We anticipate that Lucy may end up sleeping in his room (when he is much older) to make sure he is protected.
So we have had pretty good success with the introduction of Bennett. We will see how they do as he gets older, more mobile and taunts them. That will be the true test. But once again we think we know what will happen then!


3 comments:
MY picturers arrived today! How proud I am to have them to show to everyone. He is so cute!! Bet you can't do that again. (ha) THANKS and HUGS and KISSES.
The email pictures about Bennetts' sisters is so cute. That last one of Lucy laying her head across him is the BEST!!! Adorable! Such a difference in the two dogs attitude about Bennett. Funny!!!
Stephen I called your Dad a couple of days ago. It was interesting hearing him tell about their mission, He sounded good. He and Bonnie may drop by one of these days. That will be nice.
I am going to save the Thank you card from Bennett so you can put it with the rest of his "life" things.
Its colder then "Billy be damned" down here. I'm ready for summer or at least spring. With all my fat you would think I wouldn't be so cold. (ha) Will you guys be spending Xmas at your house ? Everyone one is coming here Xmas eve. Then I think Connie and Pam have invited me Xmas day for dinner,
Take care of my boy. Love, "GG" Jo
I love the last one! Awww! Lucy wants to be his best friend! Cute...:)
-Mimi
I love that Lucy is the protective "big sister".
Post a Comment