![]() | ||
| The Scouts/ Young Men in our stake put on a triathlon each year. Well, it's kind of a mini-Triathalon because each of the legs are shorter than a traditional race. You start with swimming 300 meters and then you do an 8 mile bike ride and finish with a 2 mile run. Here is a picture of me at the beginning of the race. I had to rig up some sort of swim suit/ sports bra combo because I did not want to run with out a bra. |
| The swimming was a lot harder than I thought it would be. I have not swam laps since high school so that is what I need to work on before my race next year. There are no pictures of the second part of the race the biking, I will tell it instead. Steve and I got bikes literally the day before the race. I started on my bike just fine but got lost from the group literally blocks from the start of the race. I headed over the freeway into some farm land and way out to a part of town that I did not know existed. I left Spanish Fork and went into two neighboring town before I called Steve. He was working a part of the route helping bikers stay on the course. As I was on the phone with him he informed me that several people were wondering where I was. People that were behind me had already passed him and asked if he had seen me. Needless to say I headed back the way I came and told him that I was going back and going to start the running. Right as I hung up the phone I crossed some railroad tracks and my back tire blew out. So I was walking on the highway with a wet butt from the swimming (I looked like I had wet myself). I made it to the freeway overpass and a lovely older couple offered to fix my tire. Just as I was about to get it fixed Steve showed up with the car and threw my bike in. Her drove me a couple of blocks to the start of the run. |
![]() |
| I finished the race with a friend of ours (Who also had a tire blow out, not a good day for tires). I like to finish with pizazz but as you can see I just look stupid when I run. People told me that all the time growing up but now I have proof that they are right. Overall it was a lot of fun and I look forward to the challenge again next year. |


1 comment:
I can't believe you did the swimming and running with absolutely zero training! It's just proof of how fit you've gotten!
Post a Comment