Friday, October 8, 2010

My Trip to Huntsville, Al

I had to travel to Alabama for work.  I was doing the same things as I did while I was in Texas.  There wasn't a whole lot to do in Huntsville.  Nashville was 2 hours away but everyone told me not to bother if I didn't like country music.  Here are some of the things I got to see while there.
My first meeting was at the U.S. Space and Rocket Center.  Here are some of the cool rockets and shuttles located there. 

Some of the workers. This is the same shuttle as pictured above.

These guys are located all over the grounds of this museum.  They also do Space Camp here!
As boring as my meeting was it was a really nice place to visit.

Above is the oldest bank in Alabama. 
 
I have no plans on returning to Alabama in the near future but was treated with lots of hospitality and really enjoyed my time there.

4 comments:

janae said...

When I was a kid I always dreamed of going to Space Camp. Too bad I didn't live in Alabama! :)

Kara Herron said...

Even if you don't like country music, I think it's worth it to visit just because it's so beautiful! Glad you had a nice time. Oh, and thanks for the Halloween music! I might just have to steal that idea for my blog! ;-)

-Kara

Kristi said...

I'm glad you sight see on work trips and make it worth while! Were you alone or did Debbie get to go?

Stephen and Debbie said...

No. She couldn't come. I almost flew her out for a few days but I was very busy and we are saving for a cruise early next year. That will be much more fun than Alabama!