Saturday, August 14, 2010

24th of July 5K

I did a 5K on Pioneer Day while Stephen was out of town on business.  My friend Jessica signed up to do it so I decided to go along with her.  I had planned on walking the race (since I am not much of a runner) but decided while I was there I would see how much I could run.
I completed the 5K in 33 minutes.  The best part was while running up a hill a man dressed in a kilt was playing pioneer hymns on his bagpipes... So random!  We were served Magelby's french toast after the race.  It was very fun.  I wish Stephen had been there.  We will definitely do this again!

6 comments:

Jessica said...

It was so fun. Next year we'll have to get the husbands involved. Maybe Madison will want to do it too. She will be five. CRAZY!

janae said...

A 5K in 33 minutes?! Baby, you're faster than I've ever been! WOW!

Ashley said...

Great time! Especially for not being a runner!

Freckles said...

That is really fast! What an accomplishment, way to go!

Heidi said...

I'm so jealous. I wish I could just get out and run a 5K. Great job!

Paul and Bonnie said...

You look like you have had a great summer.
Love,
Dad