Saturday, August 14, 2010

My Trip to Dallas, TX

I spent a little over a week in Dallas at the end of July.  I was asked to help with the conversions of Wachovia Bank and re-branding them to Wells Fargo locations.  Dallas was a very interesting city.  The people were nice but I found there wasn't much for a guy to do by himself.
I was off work most of Saturday afternoon so I traveled to downtown Dallas to see the JFK Museum at Dealey Plaza and location that he was killed.  Above is the Book Depository that Lee Harvey Oswald took his shots.  The window on the 6th floor corner is the location he used.
The infamous grassy knoll
The exact location that the bullet hit President Kennedy
The view from the "X" above (taken from the sidewalk)
The grassy knoll and the Book Depository.  There were a few things that struck me about this visit.  The street is very small.  It looks so much bigger on film and photos.  It felt very strange to drive the same route as the motorcade took.  The freeway entrance is not far from the location he was shot.  I am very happy that I took the opportunity to see this in person.  My only regret was paying to see the museum.  It was a audio-guided tour and you can't take pictures.

 I worked very hard in Dallas.  I didn't have a lot of free time to do much else but I enjoyed my visit.


4 comments:

janae said...

Honestly, any trip would be boring alone - at least for me it would be. That said, the pictures of the JFK site are really cool. I've seen the video, but I didn't really get a feel for the surroundings, so this was neat. :)

janae said...

Honestly, any trip would be boring alone - at least for me it would be. That said, the pictures of the JFK site are really cool. I've seen the video, but I didn't really get a feel for the surroundings, so this was neat. :)

JW said...

I love your pictures! Thanks for posting. It looks like something I would love to see sometime in my life....

Ashley said...

I'm obsessed with the Texas shaped waffle, that is fantastic! :)