| Bennett Liam Walter |
We chose Bennett for three reasons. I was sitting in our family room one day and looked over and saw an old book of my grandma's called "The Laughs on Me" by an author named Bennett Cerf. He was the co-founder of Random House and a comic writer. I liked the name so much so I told Debbie who also liked it. Click here for an article about Bennett Cerf.
Another reason that we chose Bennett was paying homage to the novel "Pride and Prejudice" by Jane Austin. Some of the best characters ever written were the the entire Bennett family. Debbie and I have loved that story for such a long time and loved the idea of a classic literature name for our child.
Lastly we chose Bennett because the name means "blessed" and we certainly are blessed!
Liam is shortened for William. A family tradition in my family has been going on for almost 75 years of naming children William ------ Walter and calling them by their middle names. It is too hard to do that in this computer age we are in. My grandfather was William (Bill) J. Walter, my father is William Paul Walter, my brother William David Walter and I am William Stephen Walter. Lucky my brother stopped it first so I didn't have to feel any guilt! Debbie also has the name William in her family. Her grandfathers were both Williams. Charles William (Bill) Linn and William Weaver Alvey. Her father is Richard William Linn and her brother is Ryan William Linn.
I was done with the name William and Debbie was not. She wanted to use it somehow since it was such a family name on both sides! I finally found this version and it was a great compromise.
We are in love with this boy and are thankful every day for him! We know the name is solid and strong and we know he will make all his family proud (those before and after him).
8 comments:
I have a 19-year-old brother named Liam, and we *love* the name. We'd use it if my sister hadn't already stolen it for my nephew!
Love the story for his name! (which is absolutly darling by the way!) I was talking to a woman the other day that just found out that she is having a boy and she asked if I knew any good names and I said "Bennett!" :)
Thank you for writing that interesting background on Bennett's middle name. I didn't think of it as a shortened form of William, but it makes total sense. We do have a lot of Williams in both families, and Liam is a great and creative way to recognize that.
Love,
Richard
I love names that come with a story! Your little boy is soo cute!
I love that it has so much meaning!
Dustin explained who you guys are! So fun to reconnect through blogs. Your little guy is ADORABLE! Hope you're adjusting well into this new stage of life. And LOVE the name! Too cute!
Well, Master Bennett you finally made your appearance!! Of course, you couldn't come down the "shoot" like you were supposed to. Nope, you had to get your butt in the wrong place, worry and fret your Mom and Dad and then "wamoo"-----a C section. I do have to say you did make up for all the "hoopla", arriving as one handsome dude!!!!! Yep, you are a cutie and your folks tell me you are a really good kid.
And just how many babies two weeks old get to go Disneyland? Man, you got it made in the shade, so don't blow it. Right now you really don't know where you've been or where your going.......you just want to be fed, changed and sleep. But later on when your old enough Your folks will tell you all bout it and many other things. There will even be pictures and words for you to devour. You'll love it.
But Bennett between you and me I have never seen parents of a new baby so "crazy" in love with their new bundle as your Mom and Dad. Its like you are the first baby born in captivity. And for them, you are. I'm so anxious to see you.
Love,GG Jo
Well I went ahead & carried on the William name for you :)
Love the name Bennett & love that he has already been to Disneyland.
He is a lucky boy to have you 2 as parents!!!
Post a Comment