Monday, May 17, 2010

Cinco de Mayo 5K

I heard about a 5K that was going on to support Scenic View Academy in Provo and we thought it sounded like a lot of fun.  So with no preparation or training we walked our first 5K on the evening of Cinco de Mayo.
Here we are at the start of the race.  They gave us these festive orange shirts with our registration. 
We walked the majority of the way.  Some people finished the race in 15 minutes of less.  (We were just a few steps behind them!)  HaHa!
At the end of the race the three amigos pictured above handed out prizes. To celebrate the finish the sponsors provided Tres Leches cake, chips and salsa and virgin margaritas.  In addition to the food and shirts they gave each participant two tickets to see "To Kill a Mockingbird" at the Hale Center Theater in Orem.

It was so much fun being a part of the community and doing this event for a good cause.  We plan on doing this again next year if anyone is interested in joining us!  It really was a fun evening.

4 comments:

Ashley said...

How fun! I love those three amigos, hilarious! :)

janae said...

They have a Cinco de Mayo 5K?! That is so awesome!! I really miss all the perks of the Provo/Spanish Fork area. We loved it down there!

Jessica said...

One of those amigos looks like Obama. I want to do it with you guys next year. I'm doing one on memorial day.

Barb said...

I think I might join you next year, looks like fun.