Monday, January 5, 2009

Happy Birthday Maggie!

On the 3rd, Maggie turned 4 years old... (or so we think). We celebrated her birthday tonight! We have never celebrated her birthday before, but thought it would be kind of fun! Debbie made a dog cake out of carrots, peanut butter and flour with a cottage cheese frosting! So we got some video of her special day! Next year we might include hats and balloons! Watch for invitations coming your way!

Maggie and Lucy enjoying their little cakes

7 comments:

The Stephens Family said...

Nobody loves their dogs like you guys! Hope she had a great birthday...
Melissa

janae said...

Happy Birthday to Maggie!! I think you two are hilarious. You'd fit in really well back east. Actually, you'd be really calm, normal dog owners. Practically everyone out here is dog crazy. Example of a conversation between me and a neighbor I've never met before:

them: "Your kids are really cute."
me: "Thank you. Do you guy have any kids?"
them: "No, but we just got a new dog!"
me: "Oh, congratulations! What kind?"
them: "Blah, blah, blah, blah ... she is potty training ... blah, blah, blah ... and she really likes these one biscuits ... blah, blah, blah ... then she looked at me with the cutest eyes and I knew she was sorry ... blah, blah, blah ..."

Don't get me wrong, all the stories are very interesting and funny. I'm not dissing the person. I just found it hilarious how excited they were and how they could just go on forever as if the dog were a child! So funny!

Dave said...

I thought Maggie was going to lick those candles! Well, happy birthday to Maggie. Looks like you should get her a big slide of her own!

THE CHASE FAMILY said...

Happy Birthday Maggie. It seems like only yesterday you were eating bacon-wrapped paper towels.

Ashley said...

I LOVE that your dogs are your children!! Happy B-day, Maggs! :)

Anonymous said...

This is so wrong on so many levels.....can Dave and Stella and I come next year??

Marcindra LaPriel said...

Those are some great action shots :)

And I would be flattered if you followed all my blogs, but I really probably won't ever post in my New Zealand blog again so don't bother following that one....and the rest is up to you! I update SOMEWHERE BETWEEN.... and ZAZOUS VIVACE the most.